The Build a World of Play Challenge is looking for solutions to give children the brightest start
90 years of insight into play have taught us how powerful play is in supporting children’s learning, wellbeing, and holistic development. We want to make sure all young children grow up in safe, nurturing, and stimulating environments – where they have everything they need to thrive.
We’re looking for bold, transformational ideas
We’re ideas that focus on young children’s wellbeing and holistic development, while addressing global social issues. Ideas should be impactful, feasible, community-centred, and sustainable.
What could that look like? Here are some ideas to spark (but not limit) thinking:
- Do you have tech innovations that will improve the quality and access of healthcare for families with young children?
- Do you have plans to make cities safer, greener, more sustainable, more playful, and more accessible places for all children to live, grow, and thrive?
- Do you have innovative ideas for reducing stress amongst caregivers and childcare providers, so they build stronger, safer, and more nurturing relationships with the young children they care for
- Do you have plans to increase the resiliency and adaptivity of systems, institutions and services to better reach and support young children, families and households amidst disruptive and adverse events?
- Do you have big plans to help all children learn through play? And by all, we mean all. That includes equal access to education for girls, equal access for children with disabilities and equal access for neurodiverse children who may need extra support.
We want breakthrough ideas that connect with and can be integrated across systems and sectors, that are contextually relevant and that resonate within the communities who will ultimately own and sustain them.