At the LEGO Foundation we take our responsibility seriously and always have high ambitions.
1. Data Controller and Contact Details
This website is operated and owned by:
2. Our General Principles of Data Processing
To ensure that your data is processed correctly, we have adopted the following principles.
We will always inform you of the processing and its purpose, unless (and only in specific circumstances) we have a legitimate basis for not to do so. By "processing", we mean our collection, use, disclosure, storage and eventually deletion of your data.
We only collect and process your personal data if we have a legal basis for the processing under applicable laws, e.g.:
- We have your permission (your consent)
- It is necessary to perform an agreement with you
- We are under legal obligation to do so
- If the processing is necessary in order for us to pursue a legitimate interest, i.e. the administration of LEGO Fonden and the pursuit of the goals of LEGO Fonden
We only process your personal information for the original purposes or for the other purposes that are not incompatible with the original purpose.
For special categories of personal data, we may process your personal data, if it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, including exploiting a license obtained from you.
We strive to verify and update your personal information on a regular basis.
We might supplement your personal information with information from other sources to ensure that your data is correct and up to date.
We use high technical standards to protect your personal information.
We do not store your personal data longer than necessary to serve the purpose for which the personal information was collected and further processed.
3. Collection of Personal Data
You will always be informed if we collect personal information about you. The personal information collected by us may include, for instance, your name, email address, home address, phone number and similar identification data, including information about your navigation on the website.
We also collect your personal data when you interact with us on our various programmes and websites. When you take part of testing of products or concepts, we may process personal information about you, including special categories of personal information such as information concerning health. Here we will present you with specific terms telling you which specific information that might be collected and for which purpose.
In general, we typically process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact details when you contact us via email or phone.
- Information, posts etc. you provide in public fora on our websites and programmes.
- Information you provide when you use our websites and programmes, our programmes on third party websites or third-party platforms such as social media and networks.
4. The Purpose and Legal Basis for the Processing
We process your personal information for the following purposes and on the basis of the following legal bases.
- To reply to your inquiries, applications for donations, etc. We will use your personal information to be able to act on your inquiries, applications etc. The personal data is being processed on the basis of article 6(1)(f) (Necessary for the pursuit of LEGO Fonden’s legitimate interests). Our legitimate interest is to be able to respond to your inquiries, applications etc.
- Administration of your activities: We will use your personal data to administer your activities with LEGO Fonden, including in our programmes, on the Website, and your participation in public foras. The personal data is being processed on the basis of article 6(1)(f) (Necessary for the pursuit of LEGO Fonden’s legitimate interests). Our legitimate interest is to be able to administrate your activities.
- When and if you participate in testing of our products: We may process both special and non-special categories of personal data about you when and if you participate in testing of our products. We will collect this information for the purpose of improving our knowledge, concepts and for marketing of LEGO Fonden at conferences, events, LEGO Fonden’s websites and on social media. Such processing will be done on the basis of article 6(1)(b) (agreement), article 6(1)(a) or art. 9(1)(a) (consent), article 6(1)(f) (necessary for the pursuit of LEGO Fonden’s legitimate interests to be able to administer tests within LEGO Fonden) and/or article 9(1)(f) (establishment, enforcement or defence of legal claims). We will provide you with more information about the specific processing, when this information is collected.
- The personal data may also be used for educational and research purposes or other activities within our projects, programmes and other initiatives supporting creativity and learning through play. We may process both special and non-special categories of personal data about you when and if you participate in activities within our different programmes, studies, research projects, conferences and other events. We will collect this information for the purpose of supporting our work to support and communicate the value and importance of creativity, learning through play and the LEGO Idea and the value of play and the impact of learnings through play on children’s development and lifelong learning. Such processing will be done on the basis of article 6(1)(b) (agreement), article 6(1)(a) or 9(1)(a) (consent), article 6(1)(f) (necessary for the pursuit of LEGO Fonden’s legitimate interests to be able to collect information of, communicate and provide evidence for the importance and impact of creativity, learning through play and the LEGO Idea and transforming evidence into experiences) and/or article 9(1)(f) (establishment, enforcement or defence of legal claims). We will provide you with more information about the specific processing, when this information is collected.
We process your personal data via special technology, e.g. cookies when you visit our websites, channels or programmes via third party websites or platforms.